The Chapman is the unofficial, official drink of Nigeria. Served at weddings, bars, birthdays; a Nigerian function isn’t truly complete without a robust glass of Chapman. Occasionally referred to as Sangria’s zesty cousin; here’s an easy recipe to create a refreshing tropical experience wherever you are.
- 33cl of Fanta orange
- 33cl of Sprite
- 5 tablespoons of Grenadine syrup
- 3 teaspoons of Angostura aromatic bitters (or to taste)
- 1 Lemon (sliced)
- 1 Lime (sliced)
- 1 Orange (sliced)
- ½ of a Cucumber (sliced)
- Ice cubes (approx. 12 -15)
- 1 bowl
Alternate ingredient (for mocktail):
- Ribena or blackcurrant juice in place of the bitters
Preparation tip: Make the ice cubes with a Fanta-Sprite mixture – this helps preserve all the Chapman-y goodness!
1. Combine all ingredients, except the fruits, in the bowl and stir well
2. Add the fruits (save some to garnish your glasses)
3. Place in the refrigerator until it is ready to be served (or 30 mins)
4. Put the ice cubes in the glass before serving
Serving tip: If you’re garnishing your glasses, ensure they are not too full so that there’s enough room for the fruits
For an extra kick, add rum!