Over at Valour HQ we love Pancake Day; milk, sugar, butter – oh my. Today we are making Mini Pancake Skewers à la HeyEater. Moorish and easy to make, we’re sure you’ll love this recipe as much as we do.
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoons white vinegar (worry not – it makes the pancakes fluffier but doesn’t impact taste)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons melted butter
1. Combine milk and vinegar in a medium-sized bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes. In the meantime, combine your flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Next, whisk the egg and the butter into the milk/vinegar mixture. Then whisk in the flour etc, until you have a smooth batter.
3. Heat a large pan on medium and coat it with cooking spray (you can also use butter if you prefer or a non-stick pan).
4. When your pan is hot, pour just enough batter onto it to form a pancake that is approximately two inches across – this small amount should make the perfect stackable mini pancake for easy “skewering”. Cook until you see bubbles on the surface, then flip with a spatula and cook the other side until brown.
5. Stack pancakes to desired height. For safety reasons, we recommend nothing taller than four stories. Stab your pancakes with your desired skewer; include chocolate chips or a fruit of your choice for an additional layer of awesomeness – enjoy!